Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Plagiarism?



Hello friends!
Confessing things can be scary but also fun. I have a little confession for you. Recently I have been sort of obsessed with the idea of reading my work for an audience. Gah! For a relatively shy person with a fear of public speaking and who only uses the words “cock” and “pussy” in her head and on the page but rarely aloud and never for more than one person, this is a nervous breakdown inducing thought indeed! And yet, there it is. The thought won’t leave me alone.

I tell you this only to explain why, the other day, I was reading over this portion of For Her Pleasure, when Mistress has Paul submit to an inspection:

This was different. To be standing in front of her, on display, to have to simply show himself, well, the defenselessness of such an act made him shake a little.
            He dropped the towel. And held his breath.
            ‘Aww,’ she said. ‘It’s cute!’
            Hot licks of bright, burning shame turned his face into a beet as he looked down at his half hard flesh. In truth he knew he was average. An average-sized cock for an average man. But to hear her say that! He watched in amazement as his cock rose steadily.
            ‘Aw, and look! It gets hard. Just like a regular-sized cock.’
            ‘Mistress!’ he gasped. But she went on.
‘Except it’s teeny! That’s so adorable.’ She looked up at him. ‘So let’s see. It’s teeny. It spurts too fast. We’ll have to think of something it is good for, won’t we, love?’

After I read that I thought, something about that sounds familiar. Very familiar! Goodness, I thought. Have I unintentionally plagiarized something? Why do I feel as though the basis of that is something very recognizable???

It niggled away at the back of my brain off and on for a while until I was in the shower when it suddenly came to me! 

My poor mouth can't say that. No Sir.
My poor mouth is much too slow, sir.

Well then...bring your mouth this way.
I'll find it something it can say.

Do you recognize it? Like so many little kids I loved the cadence and lyricism of the author’s words and this is one of my favourites. I read it over and over. Fox in Socks. Oh my god, I ripped off Dr. Seuss!

I’m kidding of course, I don’t think you’d quite describe this as plagiarism. More just the echo in my head of an early favourite. But leave it to me to make something filthy out of Seuss… What’s next? Fox with Cocks? Go Pussy Go? ‘I would not blow you here or there, I would not fuck you anywhere!’ Oh, who are we kidding… yes I would!

Love,

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? Don't tease me!